Monday, October 13, 2008

#47 Make a New Friend

I think I can say with some certainty that I have at least two new friends now. Its hard to gauge the difference between friends and acquaintances, but I have spent time with both of them out side of class, talking about things not related to school. We also share common interests. I would say that's a good indication of friendship.

Overall I'm finding myself becoming more extroverted as the year progresses. I didn't do it consciously either. I have participated more in class this semester than I did the first two years of college. It got easier when I was a junior and senior, but even then I didn't ask many questions during class. Now I ask multiple questions during class, and I can converse with my classmates in small groups with no trouble. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but for me, I feel like its a huge step. I suppose that could have been a goal. To further drive this point, I will give an example: I was telling one of my new friends that I am a fairly shy person and that sometimes I have trouble initiating contact with new people. She didn't believe me. I suppose her disbelief is warranted since, reflecting back, I really haven't been like that at all in the class we share. Bottom line: I feel proud of myself.

No comments: