Monday, August 17, 2009

#21 Visit the Midwest

So, I went to Travis' family reunion a few two weeks ago. We spent time in Tennessee, Missouri, and Illinois. We drove through Indiana and Kentucky as well. The trip was lovely. I got to meet his large extended family for the first time. I was nervous about being TN, being that its the bible belt and all, but the family from there were very nice, and it wasn't awkward at all. Most of them actually didn't live in TN, so I think that helped. The IL side was a lot like my family. I enjoyed the whole trip but I think the highlights for me were going up into the St Louis Arch, and seeing the Opryland Hotel. It was so beautiful in that hotel, three large arboretums and restaurants and shops. The arch is over 600 feet high. We went up in a circular elevator, and there were windows at the top overlooking the whole city. I really enjoyed myself, which is good since the rest of the summer has been pretty dull.

I've gotten off track with trying to follow this list. I will try to work on finishing up these goals.

No comments: